Seizing BRI opportunities through strategic partnerships in Southeast Asia
In the sixth installation of Sino-Singapore Dialogue, held on 05 October 2018, Stratagem Group partnered with Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (NTU Singapore) held a thought-provoking dialogue themed “Seizing BRI opportunities through strategic partnerships in Southeast Asia”. Featuring speakers from China, Indonesia, Singapore and Thailand, these speakers shared their perspectives on how businesses can leverage on strategic partnerships to seize BRI opportunities along the Silk Road.
The line-up of speakers and their presentation topics are as follows:
- Mr Zainul Abidin Rasheed (Former Senior Minister of State for Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Singapore; Singapore’s Ambassador to Kuwait (Non-Resident); Foreign Minister’s Special Envoy to the Middle East; NTU Board of Trustees Member) Bridging from the past to BRI: from Suzhou to the future, challenges and opportunities
- Prof Zhang Weiwei (Director, China Institute, Fudan University) BRI, ASEAN and a new globalisation
- Prof Wang Yuzhu (Senior Research Fellow, National Institute of International Strategy; Head of APEC and Regional Cooperation Centre, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences) Political and economic considerations in Sino-ASEAN collaboration
- Mrs Vilawan Mangklatanakul (Director-General of International Economic Affairs Department, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Thailand) Regulatory and legal considerations for cross-border BRI collaborations
- Mr Kyatmaja Lookman (President Director of PT. Lookman Djaja Land; Founder, Indonesian Trucking Association-APTRINDO) How companies can capitalize on BRI opportunities in Indonesia