Sino-ASEAN cooperation and what it means for businesses
In the 5th SMU-Stratagem Group Sino-Singapore Dialogue on 13 April 2018, themed “Sino-ASEAN cooperation and what it means for businesses”, we will be bringing together leading scholars, government and business leaders to share their insights and provide you with a holistic understanding of Sino-ASEAN relations across economic, social and geopolitical issues.
The line-up of speakers and their presentation topics is as follows:
- Su Hao (Founding Director, Center for Strategic and Peace Studies, China Foreign Affairs University) China’s perspective on Sino-ASEAN cooperation
- Apipong Khunakornbodintr (Director of China Market and Acting Director of Thailand Overseas Investment Promotion) Opportunities in Thailand for Chinese and Southeast Asian companies
- Lam Thanh Ha (Senior Lecturer, Faculty of International Economic, Diplomatic Academy of Vietnam, Ministry of Foreign Affairs) Opportunities in Vietnam for Chinese and Southeast Asian companies
- Professor Steve Ngo (Chairman, Arbitration & International Dispute Resolution Practice Group, ASEAN Legal Alliance) Practical commercial dispute resolution considerations for cross border cooperation
- Shen Shishun (Committee Member, China National Committee for Pacific Economic Cooperation)
China’s perspective on ASEAN’s relevance
The panel discussion was moderated by Dr. Kaho Yu (Associate, Geopolitics of Energy Project, Harvard Kennedy School and Lecturer, Global Studies Programme, Chinese University of Hong Kong).